Show reviews that mention
customer service payment customer service car loan auto account payments phone
Filter review
I bought my car last June. I had delayed payments so a payment wasn't due until August. My grandmother's name is on the account as well and in October TD started calling her complaining that I'd only made three payments. That was all I was have supposed to make by...

They did me the same way. I set up auto payments they took my car as well.

I am on SSD and they gave me the run around also.

I had my car taken paid the money and how about they sent my car away to Indiana and I live in Mississippi and told me the Co-Signer of the car (who was my mother) would be the one to drive the car off the lot even though my name is on the car on the insurance and all. I hate this company and they gave me and my family the run around and lied til they couldn't lie anymore and I do not recommend them to any one who is considering their business they are a scam and will lie to get a few bucks.

Td Auto Finance Loan
I've had a problem with TD Auto Finance from day one. I purchased my vehicle in July and was told my first payment would be due in September. I kept watching the mail looking for my first bill because I did not want to be late on my first payment. The bill never...

what is the problem with this company ? We have tried to get our billing statement for months .

In March my husband was on the phone 20 min getting switched around talking to different people . Here we are Almost to the end of month in April and still no billing statement . I don't think they care as long as they got paid. The sad thing is that the notes are already paid with our signature.

Yes we create credit,.

ALL LOANS are backed up by insurance . WE THE PEOPLE are the ones to lose.

Parkville, Maryland

Td Auto Finance - TD Finance can't find me

I originally bought a truck with Chrysler Financing then the gave it to TD. I have been paying faithfully and have received emails from them every month until January 2012. Now I want to pay off and buy a new truck but I can't log in to the site. It doesn't even recognized my username or my email address. I can't get a straight answer from anyone. Maybe this is why my dealership doesn't use TD anymore. I think I now know what TD stands for... They gave me "The *** I hope I don't have to pay for that service!!!

similar thing happened to me they have not been getting "my payments" even though I have been paying them. They sure can find my phone number though to contact me at ungodly hours such as 5 am

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota

Td Auto Finance - WORST EVER!

This is the worst customer service I have ever delt with in my entire life. I had an auto loan from them and traded in the vehicle a year later. The dealership promptly paid the loan off but TD Auto claimed they never did. I even sent TD PROOF that it was paid off and funds had been given, they STILL would not believe me. I had at least 4 or 5 customer service agents hang up on me when I started to argue. They spoke to me like I hadn't paid my bill! I always paid on time! ALWAYS!! THEY SUCK!! Someone needs to fire their entire customer service dept.

this company is a scam...they also are involved with branch 1100. this is the scam safesteptubs.

be careful. they show the pat boone commercial and promise safety and independance to those in need and they install nothing like what was promised.

watch our for ralph sivertson so called safety expert....and C.O.O. mathhew boulton this company is HUGE scam..message if you want more info to lovesherlife@me.com

I co-signed a loan for my son's 2006 Dodge Ram with Chrysler Financial - no problems with them until TD took over. In January, 2012, my daughter-in-law changed jobs and they missed one payment. TD Auto Finance began calling me mid-January several times a day, 7 days a week. I explained the situation to several different people - each call is by a different person and usually from different phone numbers as well. I repeatedly gave them both my son and daughter-in-law's names and phone numbers but they continue to hound only me, despite the fact that my son's information is on the account as well.

The account has been current since March and is auto-drafted from their checking account but TD Auto Finance continues to call me several times a day, 7 days a week. Fortunately, the only number they have for me is my direct office line which I screen. I haven't answered one of their calls in months, the payments are all on time and still they continue to call. I recently took a week's vacation and returned to 27 voice mails - ALL from TD Auto Finance!

Fortunately this loan will be paid off in December, 2012 so we're just trying to ride it out. If you want a Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicle arrange for your own financing. This company is worse than a joke!

What type of proof did you send? I work at TDAF so maybe I can help you out.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Some of the reps can be jerks but not all of us are.

@PissedConsumer435346

I have a question for u if I have a payment sue on the 14th and called to pay half and paythe other half say 8 days later but has never been late how dies that work

@PissedConsumer696896

First please check your message before you send it, looks like a 5 year old wrote that message. second TDAF is actually the most flexible when it comes to payment arrangements give them a call 2 business days before your due date, let them know you need to delay or split a payment, they will be able to split it on the dates you request (considering your account is not already over 30 days late) they can also offer deferral payments, meaning they could place one months worth of payments at the end of your contract, keeping your account and credit in good standings.

In order to be admissible you must have at least completed 6 months of pmts. As far as a former employee I could burn the place down for how they treat the staff, but as far as a consumer I worked for the competition and TDAF is hands down better, and much more flexible.

View more comments (4)
Tampa, Florida
Loss
Due to family illness, we fell 2 months behind in payments. We kept them informed and told them the date we would pay a payment that would equal 1 and 1/2 paymnets. Then we would do the same until it was caught up. Even though they told us verbally over the phone...

Trust? "Trust" coming from you?

Hilarious! It was YOU who made a PROMISE to make each and every payment on time when YOU signed the contract. It is YOU who failed to do that showing just what YOUR level of honesty is.

And you come here in typical deadbeat fashion wailing about trust! Another sorry example of deadbeat mentality and no, I don't work for them!

Banner Elk, North Carolina

TD Auto Finance is Horrible !

Since the first day I got a loan through TD Auto finance they have had issues sending me a monthly bill. I called and complained and the said they were aware of the problem and we send me out a bill ASAP. For a month or two things got better, received a monthly bill, no problem. then they missed a month again, and I only rememebered i was late when they called to tell me about it, I informed them once again they did not send me a bill !! couple months go by, things were ok, then today I get another call your late..Yes I am, did you send me a bill !! Oh it appears maybe we did not...well guess what lady my payment is on the way and so is my business to another finance company !! Do not use TD Auto Finance, one of the worst comapnies I have ever delt with.

Is it really that hard to remember when your payment is due? It's the same day and same amount every month. :?

I totally agree with this statement. Worst experience with a bank yet, and I've had a few bad ones.

The thing that has made TD Auto Finance the worst is their consistency in giving me trouble. :(

View more comments (1)
Dallas, Texas
Td Auto Finance Loan

TD Auto Finance is the Worst!!!

Don't ever be more than 30 days late on your payment. I owe $534.00 and my car is paid in full. They will take your car if you are more than 30 days late!! They don't care if you have financial hardship due to a serious health condition, they lie and say you can skip a payment after 12 consecutive payments and then after you have made the 12 payments, they find another reason why they can't not do that. They also will call you several times a day, even before your payment is due! I will be calling the CEO Thomas F. Gilman, President and CEO of TD Auto Finance with the dates and nemes of those I spoke to.

Of course you shouldn't be more than 30 days late on your car note and of course it could be repossessed. You can't get something for nothing.

You were probably denied that extension because it's only for one month and your medical situation is probably long term so how would you come up with the money after the one month is up? I'm not trying to be callous but it's a company and you owe them money.

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Td Auto Finance - They have no compassion - worst company to get a loan from

I have worked with several loan companies before and have went through bad times. Every other company I have ever worked with was willing to help out - this company is the worst!! They treat you like a low life when you get behind - they have absolutely no compassion. I realize that this is a tough business and they probably get it alot that people can't pay their bills, but try to work with the customer, don't make them feel worst than they already do. I lost my job and have still been paying my bills, but needed a little help this payment and "NO" can't do anythign for you. My mortgage company is amazing and has been soooo helpful and my payments with them are incredible more. I would NEVER recommend getting a loan from this company.

Hello Madlady,

I would be more than happy to provide assistance with your issue. I just need a little more information. How far behind with payments are you? Have you ever applied for an extension before? Navigating the TD Auto Finance system can sometimes be a little tricky. As an employee there, I can definitely sympathize with your frustration. I'm sure I would be able to provide you with some options if you could just disclose a little bit more about your situation.

Thank you!

Hello Madlady,

Thank you!

View more comments (1)
Td Auto Finance Loan
This is the first time I have ever wrote a review on a company. I just want to let everyone know that td autofinance is the worst company in the world. They were my ninth vehicle loan and by far the worse. Lets start off with they didn't even have the correct VIN...

my payments were taken out monthly by auto draft. at the end of my loan, i called and got the payoff amount, I sent the payoff check in the following day.

I called 2 days later to verify that they would NOT be taking out any more auto pymts. I was told that they could not stop it until they rec. payoff, call back in 3 days. I called back in 3 days and pymt was rec.

by them. I was assured that the auto draft would no longer take pymts. out of my acct. because my auto loan acct.

was closed since it was paid off. well, 2 weeks later and guess what? that closed auto loan acct. pulled a pymt.

from my chkg. acct! i called numerous times, getting a different lie each time. they spoke with my bank to verify it was "their" fault, they pulled the voice tapes to verify it was "their" fault, I have been promised my refund numerous times, and still have not recieved it.

these people are just thieves. I dont know if or when I will get my $$ back, I've been told it was send out on 4 different dates, but still have not gotten a check in the mail.

Jacksonville, North Carolina

TD Auto Finance poor record keeping

During the course of my auto loan I experienced financial hardships which caused me to fall behind in payments and file bankruptcy. It was at this time I agreed to a reaffirmation agreement on the loan for my truck. I was working overseas and my wife didn't keep up with the payments and the law firm which represented TD Auto Finance was preparing to reposses my truck. I called the attorneys to make arrangements to catch up the payments and bring the account up to date. I made a payment of $2,000 for 2 consecutive months. The original payoff date on the loan was August of 2011. My reaffirmation agreement placed the new payoff date on December 2011. I was told by the attorney's that after the $4,000 was paid the account was current. Here's what happened. When I called TD Auto finance I was told that the original vehicle contract would be paid off in December not August. That I was given 4 extensions which would leave me with a balance of roughly $1,800. I would not get the title for the truck untill the balance was paid. One of the most obvious mistakes they made was to have put down 2 extensions on the same date. The next mistake was that when payments ammounts were doubled to compensate the extensions I was not given credit for the extensions. Next is the fact that the amount of $16,000 and change was the balance due in the reaffirmation agreement was satisfied. No matter how I crunched my numbers it came out the same...Paid In Full. I have all of my documentation whereas the TD Auto Finance representatives don't seem to have the court documents available. Now I am forced to hire an accountant to verify my findings and possibly hire an attorney to keep from paying excessive charges to get my truck title. Keep in mind that the court documents not the original contract place the payoff date at December 2011. The same thing happend to my wife with her car when I was still overseas and she paid it. Thats another matter I will address when I get this issue resolved. TD Auto Finance is a bank and should therefore be responsible for accurate record keeping. It's a shame that they cannot do their own record keeping and put the burden of proof on the customer. Last but not least...When I negotiated the original contract with Chrysler Financial, I was told that the service contract would be provided at no charge. I blame myself for not going over the contract better before I signed it because I was charged $1200 for the service. One thing for sure, I will never do business with this company again.

Td Auto Finance - Can't Locate a Payment

OMG I have been ran down by TD Auto Finance. I made a payment in September that was deducted from my account and they are unable to locate the payment (I sent the Account Statement, circle where the payment was recevied and deducted). I have complained for 3 months, being told by several people at TD Auto that they actually see where the payment was made. Today's call like the others suggest that they are investigating it (but the last person I spoke to suggest that it was resolved) and that I am not the only one with this complaint (who made payments using a Checking Account/Debit Card). I'm not sure what to do in regards to paying my carnote do I mail a check or do I send a money order (hey they will not post either). I'm so frustrated and angry with TD Auto. My husband daily complains (when on the *** of divorce over one *** carnote) suggesting that maybe I did not make the payment BUT I DID!!!! I feel helpless and had no other choice but to make an extra payment for this month, there goes Christmas for my kids THANK YOU TD AUTO FINANCE, you have to be the worst lender in the world.

Dear Eduardo,

You are correct in the fact that you should keep all your documents concerning ANY and ALL types of financial loans. Regarding your experience with the gentleman in India: Before Chrysler became TDAF, they did outsource their customer service to India.

However, since Chrysler was purchased by TD Bank as of last year, they have phased out their overseas centers and brought customer service (and other related departments) back into the US. Thank goodness they did that as it definitely helps to stimulate our suffering economy (especially for college grads like myself who not only had trouble finding employment but are having a *** of a time paying back student loans). The bottom line is this...Chrysler tanked for a reason but TD Bank is genuinely trying to clean up a HUGE mess that was years in the making and it's taking some time.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you. :)

Dear Anonymous,

Maybe I can be of some assistance. When you made the payment in question in September, what method did you use for the payment?

Did you mail a check in, pay by check/debit over the phone, use your online banking or TDAF website? Sending a copy of your statement seems like it would solve the issue but if in fact you mailed a check, all you need is a copy of the front/back of the check to send to TD so they can research the cashiering code stamped on the check. If you made your payment electronically, then you will not sufficient proof from your bank (not just a statement) so that this matter can be researched. Unfortunately, computer errors do happen and there is no such thing as a perfect system (trust me, I wish there was).

But if you want TD to be able to research it, they need that info so they can correspond with your bank in locating the funds. I realize this can be a total pain in the *** but if you want something done about it, you have to provide more than just a bank statement. In the future, I would suggest creating an account on www.tdaf.com and submitting your payments that way. Or you can pay by phone or go to a WU location and make your payment that way.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm more than happy to help you.

Anonymous, I fully understand. I have been getting stonewalled by these people also.

One thing that I makes me laugh though, when I call and the little fella from India answers the phone and trys to pass himself of as an American named John Miller. Make sure to keep all of your doccuments when dealing with TD. You bank should be able to provide you with the payment info.

Hang in there and fight the good fight. 8)

View more comments (2)
Jackson, Mississippi

Td Auto Finance - Chrysler/TD Finance

I will never buy another vehicle from Chrylser/TD Finance. I have lost income but still employed and have been in contact with TD Finance every week. I was behind 2 payments and have been paying on this vehicle for 3 years. I made payments every 2 weeks not trying to get any further behind and kept in contact with TD. They harrass you with multiple calls throughout the day and night. The car was put on the repossession list regardless of arrangments being made. The car was scheduled for repossession on 11/9/11 even though my payments were not due until 11/10/11 but the car was repossessed on 11/8/11 by IR Services who now tells me that I have to pay $55 to get my own personal items out of the vehicle b/c T.D. states that I cannot get my contract reinstated and they are requesting full payment on the vehicle or it will be auction off in 2 weeks. Will someone please let me know of someone I can contact b/c I know these are illegal practices.
Eunice, Louisiana
My husband & I had fallen behind on 2 payments for my vehicle because he is self employed & had not worked in 2 months. He had a few jobs fall through that we were expecting to pay the bills. We purchased the vehicle in 2007, do they honestly think that after 4 years...
Avri

There’s numerous flaws in this story. First off, a bailiff would never say what he did to a customer.

He/she could lose their job over it. Secondly, for a repossession to take place, it’s handled by 3 different departments and numerous people plus it needs approval from management. Then a warrant must be drafted up manually with the days past due etc which must be over 90+ days and the rep must meet other criteria. I was actually the person in TDAF that did all of this back from 2015-2017 hence why I know all of this.

It’s ok to be mad and embarrassed but be truthful. Your loan must have been extremely past due with a long history of broken payment arrangements and you’re unable to make loan payments online as well. Lastly, if you made 4 years of payments, the repo wouldn’t have taken place. I’d say you were likely making payments (late) for just over a year and TD thought you were a risk.

Sorry, not lastly, you would have been well aware of the repo and you likely were if you hid your car in your garage. No one parks their cars in their garage anymore I no longer work for TD so I have no reason to defend them but this entire rant is riddled with either numerous massive misunderstandings or being untruthful.

Wood Dale, Illinois
Loss
I was just called by TD Auto and was asked to fax a copy of my social security card so they could setup my auto payment. How can a company who should be protecting PI of clients act so inappropriately. I've had trouble with these clowns for the last time. Chrysler...

I am going through the same thing with repossession. Instead if taking the regular payment out they gave me 1300 .

Did not realize they did this girxa few days. Things went through my account so i owed them money. I could not pay this amount right away they did not accept this. I said I would make extra payment with my regular payment .

So I could not catch up.

Now they are going to repossess my vehicle . Not sure what to do

Lawton, Oklahoma

Td Auto Finance - Obsessive Calling - Records Snafu

Update by user Sep 20, 2011

Spoke with the Bank and confirmed that the payment was issued on 8/19, NOT 9/19.

Original review posted by user Sep 20, 2011

TD Bank started calling me out of the Blue on in August about my Chrysler Financial auto loan. They called repeatedly & did not want to listen. I spoke with Denise of "Customer Resolution" 0n 8/18,8/29 (3 way with my Bank confirming that they had issued the payment on 9/19). I wrote two letters to the President on TD Bank (no reply from him). I have been threatened with collection activity to ruin my credit, I received a letter stating that I was over $1300.00 behind in payments. I've had at least 10 conversations with Customer Resolutions...they hounded me into stopping payment on my original August payment which I did...it arrived the next day. I am NOT behind in my payments. My checks have been lost in their system for more than 3 weeks at a time. They are a train wreck administratively.
Baltimore, Maryland